The design build process (also known as D-B or D/B) is being utilized as an alternative method for construction projects in New York.
In the design build process, the owner contracts with a single entity for the design and construction of a project. This delivery method may offer potential advantages, including:
- Minimizing risk for the project owner
- Streamlining delivery by overlapping the design and construction processes
- Simplifying contractual remedies, as there is a single entity responsible for the work on the project
The design build process is not right for every project. It has been criticized for failing to make use of competitive bidding and fostering conflict of interest issues.
To learn more about our Construction Law practice visit:
- M/WBE & DBE Certification & Compliance
- Private Development
- Construction Related Services
- Representative Client List
- Representative Project List
Our attorneys have represented clients in numerous design build issues in New York City. We can advise you during the early stages of your project as you are determining the delivery method that is best aligned to your goals. We can help you understand the advantages and disadvantages of the design build process so you can make informed decisions going forward.
Contact Our Construction Law Firm
If you are seeking guidance regarding design build construction in New York, our firm is equipped to help. To contact a lawyer at our law offices, please call us today at 800-668-6611 or contact us online.